Tuesday, April 15, 2008

FREE

i don't know what to do.
my dad does not support me in my dreams ever!
if they're not what he wants for me then he doesn't believe in me at all.
it sucks.
my mom always pushed me to chase my dreams and goals and supported me in hatever.
she didn't try to choose my dreams or friends or anything...
as long as i was happy thats all she wanted.

i just want to ride horses. thats all i've ever wanted to do. heck if i could everyday and every night i would. i just want to barrel race and get that rush.
but he makes every time so miserable because all he does is complain of how they are a pain in th neck or if i don't do good he's just like "well why did we even come" or the classic-"these animals are a pain in the neck, i hate them"
ughhhh he makes me so mad.
does he not realize this is what i want and this is what makes me happy.

HORSES
from the Heart of a Cowgirl
I believe there is a force that lives on this world
Something primitive and wild when you need an extra push to survive

nothing you can tame, or control
something so beautiful, but dangerous all at once,
Like wild flowers that bloom after a wild fire turns the forest black
Most people are afraid of it and keep it deep inside themselves
But there will always be the few who aren’t scared to love what is free and untaimed inside of them.

to let the beauty and danger all out at once,
yet, everyone has a different foce within them...what is mine?
Horses.
I see in horses and expression of my own restless spirit,
Charged with an appetite for adventure they will take to the land with out hesitation
When I see them running wild and free
I often think of the first horses and how they were the true pioneers of America.

most people say the west wan won from the cowboy or the saddle of a horse,
but i say...it was won from the heart of horse.
There was once a time when
Americans went west to discover their destiny,

yet, Today it seems like they still are not settled or haven't found their "destiny" that their ancestors went looking for.
But I think they’re still looking for the same thing-a place where they can be optimistic and be who they want and not care what others think about them

a place where they can wrecklessly love...like they're so desperately longing to,
Where they can feel that this life makes sense
A place that they can feel, what I feel when I ride Clyde
Cause when we’re riding all I feel…is free

he has this sense of surrender in him but not just him...all horses.
they have spirit and a healing nature if people could just sit back a truely look and take it all in they can see what i see in horses.
not just beauty, but a whirl wind of things:
surrenity, spirit, beauty, danger, destiny, freedom..
i mean didn't our ancestors come to America to find and get freedom?
every American is allowed their freedom,
i just find mine in the presence of a horse.
yet, some people people are still trying to find that freedom or that place where everything just makes sense to them...
a place where they can feel what i feel when i'm riding my horses and take to the land without hesitation...a place where they can just simply feel...FREE
by: Jenna Howell
April 15. 2008

1 comment:

Jenn said...

hey jenna. I found your blog and though I would leave a comment. you probably created this blog because no one really reads a blog if it's not on myspace, but I found it and I'm gonna leave a comment. If I don't hear back from you I won't leave another one...lol.

you are an incredible person. After all you have been through I really admire you. You have a beautiful attitude and an outstanding spirit. Maybe your dad is just dealing with stuff in a different way. You know he can be a little different when he acts out his frustration. I think he just really wants to connect with you and doesn't exactly know how. I think he really wants to be able to listen and give advice but can't help but be your "daddy". I know you probably have done this but I'm gonna say it anyway...give him a chance.

I had no idea you thought of your horses in this way. It's an amazing thing to be able to see inside someone's life and find out how their mind works. It's cool that you think that way about them. I love that you find freedom with them. It's really cool.

so anyway, hope this comment finds you well and hope that you are having a good week. love you...xoxo...jenn